Interview about kennel Wayosi in the Norwegian magazine “Hund & Fritid”, in norwegian only.
HEALTH AND FAULTS IN THE RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK – RECOMMENDED LITTERATURE
This is a very good article, with many good points and thoughts! Definitely recommended.
Vicki Moritz at Ujamaa Rhodesian Ridgebacks in Australia has a lot and good information for breeders and for those who wants to know more about “everything”
Kalahari Rgodesian Ridgebacks in USA also have a lot of excellent information regarding our breed!
Nikki have been doing research for DS and Ridge for many years, and we hope that there eventually be a test available to test for risk of DS.
– Ridge and predisposition to dermoid sinus in Ridgeback dogs by Nicolette Salmon Hillbertz
– Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States – Breeders Corner
– Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States – Health Resources
MENTALITY – RECOMMENDED LITERATURE
– Mentalitydescription – what is it?
– Mentalitet – by Catharina Tandefelt (only swedish)
– Hur går en MH (mentalbeskrivning) till? – av Catharina Tandefelt (only swedish)
– Hur går ett MT (mentaltest) till? – av Catharina Tandefelt (only swedish)
– Spørreundersøkelse MH – “Ønske-MH” – SRRS v/mentalkomiteen 2011 (only swedish)
– RR-funderingar: Hur ska de vara egentligen? – by Catharina Tandefelt (only swedish)
– Domareffekter i MH – av Per-Erik Sundgren (only swedish)
MENTALITY AND GENETICS – RECOMMENDED LITERATURE
Various articles by Per-Erik Sundgren (www.genetica.se) (only swedish)
– Naturens skydd
– Skadliga gener
– Tamhund och varg
Various articles by Kenth Svartberg (www.svartbergs.se)
– Personality in dogs – summary
– Personality traits in the domestic dog
– Shyness–boldness predicts performance in working dogs
– Consistency of personality traits in dogs
– A comparison of behaviour in test and in everyday life: evidence of three consistent boldness-related personality traits in dogs
– Breed-typical behaviour in dogs—Historical remnants or recent constructs?
I thought it was to much to write about, because I didn’t want to narrow it down to only some health-problems and faults that appears in our breed. So I collected the links to some of the websites I think have excellent information regarding this. Here you can gather a lot of information and knowledge.